Address Recognition: Manage Complex Address Data at Scale
Do you need to make complex geo-location business decisions?
Then you need to start with the kind of dynamic, clean data that G73's Address Recognition solution can provide.
Managing Address Data
At first glance, working with address data appears to be easy.
In our daily lives, addresses do not seem to change very often, so the traditional method of buying big address lists and just working with that data seems simple enough.
But, despite many addresses remaining consistent for years, many do undergo change.
- Streets are renumbered or renamed
- ZIP codes change to support growth
- Units are combined, and split - daily
One-time data build processes are rendered inaccurate they minute they have finished running.
If accuracy and precision are important your data management needs, then Address Recognition is the solution.
What Do We Mean by Address Recognition?
If someone knocks on your door, before you let them in, before anything else can happen, you automatically go through a recognition process.
The same is true when working with address data in a business context.
G73 calls this process "Address Recognition."
Leading address recognition providers have the ability to intercept and interpret address data, making sure it's consistently accurate, precise and useful for your business applications.
Aligning Address Recognition with Your Needs
The address recognition process first involves transforming address data into consistently formatted, standardized, and preferred forms. Next, scoring algorithms are applied to deliver two scores: recognition confidence and match consistency. Each score allows businesses to leverage address recognition information beyond just verification.
How Savvy Businesses Leverage Low Scores
Low scores can help savvy business pros identify growth opportunities in new markets. They can get a step ahead of their competition by understanding and analyzing address data. For instance, low confidence scores can indicate high growth residential areas. Such information can be vital to the success of commercial and consumer interests, from broadband providers to insurance underwriters.
10 Questions to Ask Your Address Data Partners
G73 Works as a Data Partner
When choosing an address data partner, buyers must be wary of the claims made by potential vendor partners. To find the ideal address data partner, ask questions to confirm that the vendor:
- Can provide client references
- Sources data consistently from multiple commercial data inputs
- Can describe the composition of their data build (commercial, free, open-source)
- Is accountable for data provenance over time
- Consistently updates data
- Abides by all data usage laws and codes
- Can authorize data use and distribution as needed
- Provides robust, expert technical support
- Has address data standardization, normalization, and curation expertise
- Has expertise in advanced geocoding technology and geospatial processes
The 9 "Cs" of Address Recognition
Address recognition is much more complex than just downloading a mailing list. Moreover, dynamic, scored lists can provide much richer insights and business intelligence than just a 9-digit zip code. G73 Data Solutions’ white-paper outlines the 9 Cs of Address Recognition in detail. In brief, the 9 steps are:
- COLLECT the right sources for your application
- CORRECT with multiple technological tools for bet results
- COMPILE, and adjust for address bias
- CURATE for usability
- CONNECT for validation and changes
- CONFIDENCE that your data is clean and getting smarter
- CONSISTENCY from your data partner
- CONVENIENCE of easily accessible data
- COMMITMENT of expert processes from your data partner
Access Beyond the Address
Verified addresses open the opportunity for innovative businesses to leverage supporting data for marketing and sales opportunities as well as opportunity analytics. Users can explore data ranging from digital footprints and phone numbers to proximity to other assets, topography, etc.
Every aspect of modern business is undergoing digital transformation, from automated workflows to data warehouses. Don’t overlook the value of address data as a viable asset to leverage for meaningful business intelligence and actionable insights.
G73 is Helping Solve Location Data Challenges Every Day for leading companies including:
Put Us To The Test
Learn more about how G73 Data Solutions can help you get the most from location data.
Let’s discuss setting up a Data Health Checkup to assess your data under NDA.
We’ll help you understand specific areas where G73 assets and services can fill gaps, update your information, and bring your data to life.